Meet the Staff
As a large, three-form primary school, The Coppice employs over a hundred staff in total. These staff carry out a variety of different roles in order that we can ensure the safe, smooth and successful running of the school on a daily basis. Every member of staff is vital in ensuring that we create the best possible environment for our children in order that they can grow and flourish in every aspect of school life. We are extremely proud of how we all work closely as a team to achieve this.
The activities of The Coppice are overseen by our Board of Trustees. Further information on our Trustees can be found here.
The Headteacher, Mr. Hutt, oversees the work of all staff in school, in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team, and the school is organised so that there is a clear line of accountability at all levels.
Our School Leadership team comprises The Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, Assistant Headteacher and School Business Manager.
Our approach to classroom staffing comprises:
- All Year Groups having a dedicated Group Leader who is one of the three Class Teachers in that year group. They have responsibility for the day-to-day running of the year group
- All year groups have Teaching Assistants who support the Class Teachers. Additional support for individuals may be provided by Special Support Assistants in some classes
- As well as having classroom responsibilities, the Class Teachers also take on various other roles such as supporting the management of the school, leading curriculum subjects and running clubs
Non-class-based teaching staff:
- The cross-year teaching team is a group of teachers without specific class allocations. They work across a variety of year groups and classes, leading learning on specialist subjects e.g. Spanish, covering Class Teacher PPA (Planning, Preparation & Assessment) time and providing general absence cover when needed
- We also have two non-class-based SEN (Special Educational Needs) teachers: Our SENDCO (Special Needs and Disability Coordinator) and our SEN Outreach and Inclusion Teacher. As well as their SEN responsibilities, they also provide some PPA cover for teachers
A document showing the members of the various school departments as at 1st January 2022 is available here.