Children become eligible for our Nursery on the September after their third birthday.
All Coppice Nursery sessions are every day, Monday to Friday inclusive, either:-
Every Morning for three hours, Every Afternoon for three hours or All Day (every day) for six hours.
All families who wish to apply for a place in our Nursery must apply direct to The Coppice Primary School completing a Nursery Application Form which can be collected form the school office or by clicking on the below link
There is no closing date for applications. Parents will be informed if a place has been allocated for their child in March. Letters will include a specified date by which to accept or decline the place.
They will then be invited to various drop-in sessions, induction evenings and ‘Stay and Play sessions from May to July.
When there are more applications than places, pupils are admitted based on the school’s admissions criteria, a copy of which can be found in our Admissions Policy by clicking the below link
Waiting lists will be held by the school office and parents contacted if and when a place becomes available. Please note that the length of time that a child’s application form has been with the school is not a criterion for admission.
All three and four year olds are entitled to fifteen hours Nursery education. However, there are two ways to fund an extra fifteen hours enabling your child to attend for a full day :-
1) Parents can apply directly to HMRC and, if they are eligible, will be issued with a voucher code to give to school – this needs to be done every three months.
You will be eligible if both parents are working (or sole parent in a lone parent family) and each parent/carer earns between, on average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage and less than £100,000 per year. Please go to www.childcarechoices.gov.uk BY CLICKING HERE and follow the instructions to check your eligibility
2) Parents can pay privately to make-up the extra fifteen hours. Payments in this case will be made directly to school, half-termly, in advance, at a cost of £16 per session (so an extra four hours per day).
The law states that children who have reached their fourth birthday are entitled to attend school full-time in a reception class from the September after their fourth birthday.
1. As an academy The Coppice Primary School is it’s own Admissions Authority but if you are applying for your child to start in Reception, you should apply to your “home” local authority (LA). The "home" LA is defined as the local authority relevant to the child's home address. The "home" LA will ensure that the application details are passed onto Worcestershire LA for consideration in the allocation of school places. Please see links to Local Authorities below.
This should be done by the closing date in January each year; indicating three school preferences. (Late applications up to 28th February are always considered; though it may not be possible to allocate a place in the school you prefer, if it is oversubscribed, even if the school is the catchment area school for your child’s home address.)
2. Worcestershire Local Authority then send us details of all children wishing to start at our school.
3. Based on the school’s admission criteria we rank the children and return this list to the LA. A copy of our Admissions Policy by clicking the below link
4. The LA are then responsible for making any offers or refusing any places on the school’s behalf. Notification of a successful application will be sent directly to parents by the LA in April. (For pupils not resident in Worcestershire, the offer or refusal will be sent directly to parents by the “home” LA, even if it is for a school in Worcestershire). In the few cases where it may not be possible to offer a place at any of the preferences nominated on the application form, a place will be offered at the nearest school with available places. The LA will also offer parents the right of appeal in all refusals. Any offer email or letter will include a specified date by which you must accept or decline the place.
5. Following this the school will contact parents with information about a parents meeting, usually held in June, together with induction details for the children.
The Coppice Primary School can take up to 90 children in Reception, with 30 being the maximum in each class.
Links to Local Authrities :-
Worcester Local Authority - http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/schooladmissions
Birmingham Local Authority - https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/schooladmissions
Solihull Local Authority - www.solihull.gov.uk/admissions
How to apply for year groups other than Reception, or for in year admissions
A parent can make an application to The Coppice Primary School at any time, however places can only be allocated if the Pupil Admission Number (PAN) is not full. The PAN in Infant year groups is 90 and in Juniors is 91.
All parents wishing to apply to The Coppice Primary School will need to complete the Common Application (CA1) online form, which can collected from the school office or found by clicking the below link
Once the application is returned to school, parents will be notified of the decision whether to admit or not within 10 days. The Local Authority will also receive notification of this decision.
Each application will be assessed in accordance with the admissions criteria , a copy of which can be found by clicking the below link
Parents will be notified of the decision, and if refusing the place, will be offered the right of appeal. All appeals must be made in writing to the Governing Body of The Coppice Primary School within 14 days of receipt of notification.
The Coppice Primary School operates a waiting list for any oversubscribed year group following the same admissions criteria as mentioned above.
As places arise, the school will contact parents, according to the priority on the list, to allocate the place. Should the place no longer be required, the place will be allocated to the next name on the priority list.
Please note places on the waiting list can change as new people join and others leave thus changing the priority of a child.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Officer Mrs Claire Emery 01564 826709