Children become eligible for our Nursery in the September after their third birthday.
All Coppice Nursery sessions are :-
All day every day 8:45 to 2:45 (30 hours per week) or
Monday 8:45 to 2:45, Tuesday 8:45 to 2:45 and Wednesday mornings 8:30 to 11:30 (15 hours per week) or
Wednesday afternoons 12:30 to 3:30, Thursday 8:45 to 2:45 and Friday 8:45 to 2:45 (15 hours per week)
All families who wish to apply for a place in our Nursery must apply direct to The Coppice Primary School completing a Nursery Application Form which can be collected form the school office or by clicking on the below link
Parents will be informed if a place has been allocated for their child in March. Letters will include a specified date by which to accept or decline the place.
They will then be invited to various drop-in sessions, induction evenings and ‘Stay and Play sessions from May to July.
When there are more applications than places, pupils are admitted based on the school’s admissions criteria, a copy of which can be found in our Admissions Policy by clicking the below link
Waiting lists will be held by the school office and parents contacted if and when a place becomes available. Please note that the length of time that a child’s application form has been with the school is not a criterion for admission.
All three and four year olds are entitled to fifteen hours Nursery education. However, there are two ways to fund extra hours enabling your child to attend for upto another fifteen hours :-
1) Parents can apply directly to HMRC and, if they are eligible, will be issued with a voucher code to give to school – this needs to be done every three months.
You will be eligible if both parents are working (or sole parent in a lone parent family) and each parent/carer earns between, on average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage and less than £100,000 per year. Please go to www.childcarechoices.gov.uk BY CLICKING HERE and follow the instructions to check your eligibility
2) Parents can pay privately to make-up any extra hours. Payments in this case will be made directly to school, half-termly, in advance, at a cost of £18 per session (so an extra four hours per day).
The law states that children who have reached their fourth birthday are entitled to attend school full-time in a reception class from the September after their fourth birthday.
Children born between 1st September 2016 - 31st August 2017
Applications are now open for September 2021.
Application Deadline is: 15th January 2021
School offer notification date is: 16th April 2021
If you have missed the deadline and/or have just moved house please contact your home Local Authority School Admissions Team as soon as possible.
You may be eligible to fill in a late application.
1. As an academy The Coppice Primary School is it’s own Admissions Authority but if you are applying for your child to start in Reception, you should apply to your “home” local authority (LA). The "home" LA is defined as the local authority relevant to the child's home address. The "home" LA will ensure that the application details are passed onto Worcestershire LA for consideration in the allocation of school places. Please see links to Local Authorities below.
This should be done by the closing date in January each year; indicating three school preferences. (Late applications up to 28th February are always considered; though it may not be possible to allocate a place in the school you prefer, if it is oversubscribed, even if the school is the catchment area school for your child’s home address.)
2. Worcestershire Local Authority then send us details of all children wishing to start at our school.
3. Based on the school’s admission criteria we rank the children and return this list to the LA. A copy of our Admissions Policy by clicking the below link
4. The LA are then responsible for making any offers or refusing any places on the school’s behalf. Notification of a successful application will be sent directly to parents by the LA on 16th April. (For pupils not resident in Worcestershire, the offer or refusal will be sent directly to parents by the “home” LA, even if it is for a school in Worcestershire). In the few cases where it may not be possible to offer a place at any of the preferences nominated on the application form, a place will be offered at the nearest school with available places. Any offer email or letter will include a specified date by which you must accept or decline the place.
The LA will also offer parents the right of appeal in all refusals. The deadline for appellants to prepare and lodge their written appeal is 20 school days from the date of notification. Appellants will receive at least ten school days notice of their appeal hearing date and wherever possible, decisions letters will be sent within five school days of the hearing.
5. Following this the school will contact parents with information about a parents meeting, usually held in June, together with induction details for the children.
The Coppice Primary School can take up to 90 children in Reception, with 30 being the maximum in each class.
Links to Local Authrities :-
Worcester Local Authority - http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/schooladmissions
Birmingham Local Authority - https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/schooladmissions
Solihull Local Authority - www.solihull.gov.uk/admissions
How to apply for year groups other than Reception, or for in year admissions
A parent can make an application to The Coppice Primary School at any time, however places can only be allocated if the Pupil Admission Number (PAN) is not full. The PAN in Infant year groups is 90 and in Juniors is 91.
All parents wishing to apply to The Coppice Primary School will need to complete the Worcestershire County Council Common Application (CA1) online form, which can found by clicking the below link
and return it to Worcestershire School Admissions Team. On receipt of the application Worcestershire School Admissions Team will consult with The Coppice Primary School and let parents know if an offer can be made, normally within ten school days of receiving the application.
Each application will be assessed in accordance with the admissions criteria , a copy of which can be found by clicking the below link
If an offer cannot be made, parents have the right to appeal. All appeals must be made in writing to the Governing Body of The Coppice Primary School within 14 days of receipt of notification. Appellants will receive at least ten school days notice of their appeal hearing date and wherever possible, decisions letters will be sent within five school days of the hearing.
The Coppice Primary School operates a waiting list for any oversubscribed year group following the same admissions criteria as mentioned above and it would be at this point that parents can ask their child to be added.
As places arise, the school will contact parents, according to the priority on the list, to allocate the place. Should the place no longer be required, the place will be allocated to the next name on the priority list.
Please note places on the waiting list can change as new people join and others leave thus changing the priority of a child.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Officer Mrs Claire Emery 01564 826709