The Coppice Parent Forum
Parents have vital role to play, not only in their own child’s achievements, but also in the life of the school and the well-being of its pupils. The Parent Forum brings parents together giving them the opportunity to put forward suggestions to the Head and the Governing Body of possible future developments of the school.
The aims of the Parent Forum are to:
- Allow the school to develop a better understanding of the views and needs of the parents and how we might address them
- Actively involve parents in the decision making process and ensure that we see the perspectives and opinions of the school community
- Enable parents to discuss common concerns and suggest possible solutions
- Offer the support and advice that parents need to help and encourage their children with their learning, such as workshops or curriculum evenings
- Help strengthen communication between home and school.
Our Parent Forum has already made positive contributions including:
- The discussion and development of school policies
- Updates on the school website
- The types of workshops that parents would find beneficial
- Consultation on uniform
- The implementation of hot school dinners
- Communication between teachers and parents
- Extra-curricular activities
We already have a wonderful group of parents who have contributed to the forum over the years but we are always looking for additional parents to join us, especially parents whose children have just joined our school. If this is something you would be interested in joining please contact the school office.