The law states that children who have reached their fourth birthday are entitled to attend school full-time in a reception class from the September after their fourth birthday.
Children born between 1st September 2016 - 31st August 2017
Applications are now open for September 2021.
Application Deadline is: 15th January 2021
School offer notification date is: 16th April 2021
If you have missed the deadline and/or have just moved house please contact your home Local Authority School Admissions Team as soon as possible.
You may be eligible to fill in a late application.
1. As an academy The Coppice Primary School is it’s own Admissions Authority but if you are applying for your child to start in Reception, you should apply to your “home” local authority (LA). The "home" LA is defined as the local authority relevant to the child's home address. The "home" LA will ensure that the application details are passed onto Worcestershire LA for consideration in the allocation of school places. Please see links to Local Authorities below.
This should be done by the closing date in January each year; indicating three school preferences. (Late applications up to 28th February are always considered; though it may not be possible to allocate a place in the school you prefer, if it is oversubscribed, even if the school is the catchment area school for your child’s home address.)
2. Worcestershire Local Authority then send us details of all children wishing to start at our school.
3. Based on the school’s admission criteria we rank the children and return this list to the LA. A copy of our Admissions Policy by clicking the below link
4. The LA are then responsible for making any offers or refusing any places on the school’s behalf. Notification of a successful application will be sent directly to parents by the LA on 16th April. (For pupils not resident in Worcestershire, the offer or refusal will be sent directly to parents by the “home” LA, even if it is for a school in Worcestershire). In the few cases where it may not be possible to offer a place at any of the preferences nominated on the application form, a place will be offered at the nearest school with available places. Any offer email or letter will include a specified date by which you must accept or decline the place.
The LA will also offer parents the right of appeal in all refusals. The deadline for appellants to prepare and lodge their written appeal is 20 school days from the date of notification. Appellants will receive at least ten school days notice of their appeal hearing date and wherever possible, decisions letters will be sent within five school days of the hearing.
5. Following this the school will contact parents with information about a parents meeting, usually held in June, together with induction details for the children.
The Coppice Primary School can take up to 90 children in Reception, with 30 being the maximum in each class.
Links to Local Authorities :-
Worcester Local Authority - http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/schooladmissions
Birmingham Local Authority - https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/schooladmissions
Solihull Local Authority - www.solihull.gov.uk/admissions
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Officer Mrs Claire Emery 01564 826709